playlist

Monday, April 27, 2009

Tea Party

I had the opportunity to go to one of the tea parties about a week ago. For anyone who is not familiar with what a Tea Party is don't worry because I didn't either. I personally try not to get to involved with politics, because I just get really mad and frustrated. When the elections were going on I was really interested I even would listen to talk radio a lot. Well after Obama was voted in by a rigged election I just decided that the end is near of this wonderful Country. Since the elections I have decided that I wont waste my time on getting mad at what is going on in the world anymore, because I knew that this kind of stuff was going to happen in the last days. I would rather spend my time with my family and try my best to raise my kids to follow Christ. So I hadn't heard of the Tea Parties that would be happening to protest against taxes. My husbands family (a certain few) are really into politics and informed us of the protest. Jeremy and I happened to be in the valley of the day of the Tea Party so I kinda got suckered into going. There were a lot more people at the one we went to then I would have thought. So other then the very windy day and all the kids crying because, it's cold and I want to go or just because they wanted to sit down, I was glad I went. We all made posters to hold although I didn't get one of the ones I wanted ( OBAMA YOU SUCK or OBAMA, OBAMA WHO'S YOUR MOMMA) the other ones worked out just fine. I don't think Jeremy's family would have wanted to be seen with me if I had a poster I really wanted, so it wasn't aloud. I think I heard that there was going to be about 2,000 locations around the U.S. holding Tea Parties. So I hope the Politicians got the word on the street of NO MORE TAXES (and could we lower the ones we already have please.) I only know of one person personally who said "I like taxes why would you want to protest them," and I think this person doesn't really understand what taxes are. I mean come on who wants to give the government part of their paycheck when I didn't see OBAMA at my job working that week. I am sick of the government taking away my kids future. I don't like giving the government a interest free loan every single year ( I want to know where I can sign up for one of those loans,) so seriously stay away from MY MONEY. Anyways I did get some cute pictures of my kids holding some signs, and I hope I didn't affend any OBAMA LOVERS out there (if there are any.)

3 comments:

Scott and Genevieve said...

I love your post! I have been wanting to post the pictures that I took but I haven't gotten around to it. I just barely posted about Easter!

Mary said...

Woohoo, Cami, you little firebrand! You missed your calling, you should go into politics and straighten out the mess we're in!

I sent my virtual tea bag to the White House via email, but I do believe Obama is going to bring down our country so the prophecy can be dulfilled where the priesthood of the Church will be called in to save the Constitution. Time was when I couldn't imagine our Constitution failing, but now it's all clear.

Don't you love having a leader who feels he must apoplgize to the world for us Americans? I'm just so proud I could cry! :(

ashley b said...

woo hoo you guys! matt drove down to the valley to go to the tea party at the capitol. he said it was insane how many people were there.
i feel the same way as you. it makes me so upset to think about so i just kind of decided what the heck, why waste my sanity. it's really sad where our country is but i feel like the people have completely lost control of the country. it's government by the government for the government and the sad thing is that there are so many ignorant people out there who don't even have a clue.