playlist

Friday, October 31, 2008

HALLOWEEN TIME!!


Halloween is not my favorite holiday cause my kids don't need a lot of candy, but it was a lot of fun dressing them up. Analyce wasn't to excited for Halloween but I don't think she really understood that she would get some free candy. So I dressed Analyce up as a witch and Jaren as a little horse. I think Jaren's outfit was supposed to be worn in the winter cause it was a really hot outfit. Although Halloween night isn't supposed to be 90 degrees. Well I took my kids trick or treating with their aunt Valerie and they had a blast. Analyce was a little unsure at first but then she got the hang of it. She insisted on riding in a stroller so that I could push her up to all the doors. Which was fine but that meant someone had to hold Jaren the whole time. The first couple of houses we went to Analyce wouldn't say anything cause she was too scared. I pushed her to the door then I said "Trick or treat." After two houses she insisted on walking and was excited to say trick or treat. I think she finally realized what she was getting after she said trick or treat. So after awhile she would walk to the door by herself while I stood by the side walk. This just made me realize how big my little girl is getting. I only took her to maybe ten houses cause she was getting handfuls of candy at each house. Analyce also insisted on her little brother having his own bucket. So she would walk up to the door holding two buckets and say give some candy for my little brother. It was really cute so I allowed it but now it just means we have double the candy. After we visited a few houses we decided to go to the movies. We went to the dollar theatre and saw Journey To The Center Of The Earth, which was a great movie. Analyce got a little bored and Jaren slept through the whole thing but I enjoyed it. The night was a blast and it was especially fun cause my little girl really enjoyed it. We just wished Daddy could have been home for all the fun. We got to leave the next morning to go up to the Grand Canyon to stay with Daddy. Analyce told her Daddy all about her fun time trick or treating.

5 comments:

Hayley Ashmore said...

It's amazing how quick kids catch on when there is candy involved.

Anonymous said...

s_Analyce looks just like you :) and your hair looks super cute...love you guys :)

Mary said...

It reminded me of taking Sarah trick-or-treating when she was 2. At first she was scared, until she figured out all she had to do was hold up her bag and people would put candy into it! Of course, up here we had 2 feet of snow on the ground that night!

Valerie said...

Thanks for including me on this night... I had such a good time! even though Jaren was so HOT it made me sweat! I love your kids....

ashley b said...

how cute! my baby boy was a horse too! it's funny though i was wishing his costume had been warmer. no 90 degree nights here! hope you guys have fun at the canyon!